Preparing Your Listing For Sale
Below are some simple ways you can maximize your home's appeal.
- Keep the grass freshly cut
- Remove all yard clutter
- Apply fresh paint to wooden fences
- Paint the front door
- Weed and apply fresh mulch to garden beds
- Clean windows inside and out
- Wash or paint the home's exterior
- Tighten and clean all door handles
- Ensure gutters and downspouts are firmly attached
- Remove excessive wall hangings
Minimize furniture and knickknacks
- Clean or paint walls and ceilings
- Shampoo carpets
- Clean and organize cabinets and closets
- Repair all plumbing leaks, including faucets and drain traps
- Clean all light fixtures and replace burned-out bulbs
- Turn on all the lights
- Open drapes in the daytime
- Make arrangements for pets to be secured and out of sight
- Play quiet background music
- Light the fireplace (if seasonally appropriate)
- Infuse the home with a comforting scent like apple spice or vanilla
- Vacate the property while it is being shown
We will assist you with staging suggestions, or you may utilize a professional stager that will showcase your home's space and unique features. Excellent photography will highlight the best aspects of your home to help it sell faster and for top dollar.
STAGING Staging your home is more than changing up the paint color. We can walk you through all the details to make your home "show" ready and appeal to the maximum amount of buyers.
If you'd prefer to hire a professional stagger as well, we have several recommendations for you to choose from.
PHOTOGRAPHY According to the National Association of Realtors, home buyers rated photos as the feature they used most when searching for a home. From using the best lighting to the finishing touches in post-production, we use our expertise to make sure your photos stand out among competing listings.
PRICE Pricing your home properly from the start is the deciding factor on how long it will take to sell it.
CONDITION The condition of the property affects the price and the speed of the sale. As prospective buyers often make purchases based on emotion, first impressions are so important. Our team will be able to help in optimizing the physical appearance of your home to maximize the buyer's perception of value.
COMPETITION Prospective buyers are going to compare your property - both the condition and the price - to the other listings in and around your neighborhood. Those buyers will determine value based on properties that are listed or have recently sold in the area.
TIMING Property values are affected by the current real estate market. Because we can't manipulate the market, we'll collaborate on a pricing and marketing strategy that will take advantage of the first 30 days your property is listed. It's the window of opportunity when buyers and their agents discover your property and are most likely to visit and make offers.
LOCATION Location is the single most important factor in determining the value of your property.
TERMS Terms structured to meet our objectives are important to successful marketing.